Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Mortal Instruments Series

"A thousand years ago, the Angel Raziel mixed his blood with the blood of men and created the race of the Nephilim. Human-angel hybrids, they walk among us, unseen but ever-present, our invisible protectors.

They call themselves Shadowhunters...

For a thousand years, the Nephilim have protected the Mortal Instruments. But that was before the Uprising, the civil war that almost tore the Shadowhunters' secret world apart. Though Valentine, the Shadowhunter who started the war, is long dead, the wounds it left behind have never healed.

Fifteen years have passed since the Uprising. It's August in New York; the streets blistering with heat. Rumors run rampant through Downworld that Valentine is back, at the head of an army of Forsaken warriors.

And the Mortal Cup has gone missing..."


I just finished the final book in this series, City of Glass, by Cassandra Clare. These are great books! I found them after reading Twilight... and the third came out last week. These are great books, especially if you liked the Twilight series. AND (GASP!) I think I might even like them more than Twilight :) There's definitely more action and it seemed faster paced. Plus, with the final book already out, you won't have to wait and wait and wait for a resolution!

So, if you've already read these books, did you like them?

Have you read something else that you liked? If so, let me know... I need a new series!
And now I must go and finish all of the housework I've been putting off so I could finish this book!

2 comments:

The Riding Family said...

Have you heard of "The Hunger games" by Suzanne Collins? It was a book that Stephanie Meyer recommended and I really liked it. Seriously, how do people come up with this stuff? The only downside is that the next book doesn't come out until sometime in the Fall.
I am definitely going to check out "The Mortal Instrument Series". Thanks for the recommendation!

Gabbitas Family said...

are you talking about the picture I have just on the side of my blog? Joy Williams took them. She now lives in Indiana, so you're out of luck ;-(. Sorry about that! They were used for our Christmas card.