Sunday, November 11, 2007

Thanksgiving is WHEN?

Seriously, Thanksgiving is only 11 days away! Where has the time gone? Maybe the weather and all has thrown me off. It has been in the 80's and 90's (29 -35 degrees celsius for my Canadian Friends!)

Well, regardless, we've been keeping ourselves busy. Seth is really busy with school! A few times this week he's left before we got up and wasn't able to come home until after Colton was asleep! Colton loves his daddy too... every morning and afternoon (if Seth comes home) he cries when Seth has to go to school. It makes me happy that he loves him so much. Colton loves it when Seth lays on the floor and he can "sit" on him.
On Wednesday we went to the zoo with the "Thunderkids" group. All the mom's whose husbands are at Thunderbird get together at least once a week for an activity. Usually Colton is sleeping so we don't get to go, but since they were going to the Zoo I thought we could try and push his nap back... lets just say that he didn't like not having his nap at the usual time... here's one good picture I got with him.
The rest of the time he looked like this:

Isn't he so cute? Really though we did have fun and it was so nice to socialize with all of the other moms. Maybe one of these days he'll decide to change his nap time and then we can hang out more with them.

Today was our primary program in church. A little over a month ago Seth and I were called to be in the primary as teachers for the 5 and 6 yr olds. They are so cute and fun and there are 8 - 10 of them on any given Sunday! They all did a good job in the program - it's hard enough for me to sit still and I'm 30... For the closing song, the primary sang "I Wonder When He Comes Again" and then on the second verse the congregation joined in. This is my favorite song and by the time the second verse started I was of course crying... It really felt like we were singing to Christ personally:
"...Then, when that blessed day is here,
He’ll love me and he’ll say,
“You’ve served me well, my little child;
Come unto my arms to stay.”

4 comments:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

love all the pics! your lyrics gave me chills.

Chesney said...

Hey girl Love the comment that you left. Was I really that crazy? Join in on the hotness. Texas is in the 80s. Not right for November and a prego person.
Great to hear from ya. Your always favorite comp.
Chesney

Wendy said...

Colton's sporting a new hair style... it makes him look older!!

And I've got to say, I don't know for how much longer I'll be able to endure knowing what temperature it is... unless of course you're letting us know so we'll know what to pack;)!

Traeger Tribe said...

Wendy anytime you and Ken want to come for visit you are more than welcome! I cannot tell you how much I miss you guys! Seriously I'm going to start looking for cheap plane tickets... you got your passports right?